So you want to buy a new or used vehicle, but aren’t sure what price range you can actually afford? It all starts with your budget. Take an honest look and see how much money you can put toward a vehicle loan payment while still fulfilling your other financial obligations. Then decide how long you’re willing spend paying off the vehicle. Here are some tips to help you calculate:
- Base your calculation on the monthly payment you can realistically afford.
- Include applicable manufacturer rebates and/or dealer incentives available near you.
- Enter the interest rate for which you think you’ll qualify.
- Estimate sales tax based on the guidelines of the state(s) where you plan to buy and register your vehicle.
- If you’re trading-in* your current vehicle, get an idea of its value.
Estimate your vehicle shopping price range:
Disclaimer: Title, and other taxes and fees are not included in this calculation. Estimates are for educational purposes only and do not represent a financing offer from Dupaco Community Credit Union or any vehicle seller.