Small projects or big dreams—we’ve got you covered
From covering an emergency to funding life’s fun, Dupaco’s personal loans may help. Enjoy low rates and flexible repayment terms that fit your needs.
Personalized loans created with you in mind
Knowing the differences between each loan can help you decide which option is best.
Need money for whatever life throws your way? You can use this great, all-purpose personal loan* for just about anything.
- Flexible repayment terms
- Loan protection options
|Term||Annual Percentage Rate (As Low As) 1|
|Rates are effective as of 08/24/2023. All loans are subject to approval. Rates, terms, and conditions are subject to change.
Personal Loan payment example for illustrative purposes only: If you borrow $5,000 at an 11.24% annual percentage rate (APR) with a 36-month term, your minimum monthly payment obligation would be $164.29. Over the life of the loan, you will pay $914.30 in interest.
1Personal Loan Rates: Loan annual percentage rates (APR) based on member credit qualification and term. All loans are subject to approval. Rates, terms, and conditions are subject to change.
*Approval subject to credit qualification. Response times may vary. In some instances, you may be asked to contact the credit union before a decision is made on your application.
This short-term, share-secured loan is part of our Credit Coach program. And it’s specifically designed to help you establish or repair your credit and build thrift. The loan amount is deposited into your Dupaco savings account and earns quarterly dividends. Then when you’ve paid off the loan balance, the funds are all yours to use!
- Loans up to $1,500
- Flexible approval guidelines
- Low 8.95% annual percentage rate (APR)—no matter what your credit score is!
- Personal guidance through Dupaco’s Credit Coach program
*For a $1,500 loan for a term of 12 months with a 8.95% APR, the monthly payment will be $131.14.
Have questions? We have answers.
Short-term and payday lenders make promises of “fast cash,” “guaranteed approval” and no “credit check required.” But these loans can be outrageously expensive. Consider these alternatives:
- Advance from your employer: Your employer might be able to grant you a paycheck advance in an emergency.
- Credit union loan: Credit unions typically offer affordable, small, short-term personal loans to members. (One out of four Dupaco consumer loans is for $2,500 or less in 2022!)
- Emergency assistance programs: Many community organizations provide emergency assistance for weather-related emergencies. Explore resources here.
- Cash advance on your credit card: Credit card cash advances might be much cheaper than getting a payday loan. Learn how to request a Dupaco Visa credit card cash advance here.
Both types of loans allow you to spend the funds almost any way you choose. And both come with a fixed interest rate, making it easier to budget for your loan repayment. Here’s how the two types differ:
- Personal loans: These loans are unsecured. This means there is no collateral (or asset) backing up the loan. But as unsecured debt, these loans will likely have a higher interest rate than loans borrowed against an asset (or collateral). A higher credit score might help you earn a lower interest rate on a personal loan.
- Share-secured loans: These loans are secured using funds or deposits in your savings or term-share certificate as collateral. The rates on a secured loan are often lower since you provide collateral for your loan.
Whichever option you choose, you’ll want to make sure there are no early payoff penalties. (Hint: Dupaco does not charge application fees or early payoff penalties for our loans!)
Absolutely! Share-secured loans can help you build your credit when you make your payments on time and in full each month. This type of loan is considered installment loan debt. Find out more about how to build your credit here.
Want one-on-one credit guidance? A free Credit History Lesson can help you learn how to establish or build your credit.
Once you receive the loan, you’re able to use the money for almost anything, including:
- Paying for a recreational vehicle, like a boat or ATV
- Funding adoption fees
- Paying off medical bills
- Consolidating credit card debt
- Covering moving expenses
- Funding home renovations
- Paying for a dream vacation
- Funding a wedding
- Starting a small business
- Covering extra education expenses
- Paying for a large purchase
Wanna talk? We're here to help!
Drop us your info below and we’ll be in touch. Need to talk sooner? Just give us a call at 800-373-7600, ext. 305.