Have you ever tried to purchase something or make a payment, only to find that there wasn’t enough money in your checking account to cover the transaction? That’s called an overdraft. When finances are tight or you’ve made a mistake, the last thing you want is the inconvenience and embarrassment of having a transaction refused, not to mention the extra cost of expensive merchant fees.
Here’s how we help our members out with overdraft protection when their checking accounts fall a little short.
Be your own backup. Link your checking account to a Dupaco savings account or other designated account and set up an automatic savings transfer. That way, if your checking account is ever in danger of becoming overdrawn, the money will automatically transfer from your linked account to cover the shortfall.
- Six free automatic transfers per month
- Subsequent transfers are subject to a fee
If you don’t have enough money in savings for an automatic transfer, our Overdraft Privilege service can serve as your backup plan (hint: you’ll find the details below).
To set up an automatic savings transfer, please give us a call at 800-373-7600, ext. 0, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Overdraft Privilege service covers you when you don’t have enough available funds in your checking account. It allows you to pay a $28 overdraft fee to cover a check or transaction $700 beyond your available checking account balance—up to your overdraft limit. Hint: You won’t be charged an overdraft fee for transactions less than $5.00. And if your account is set up for automatic savings transfer, Overdraft Privilege will only be used if you don’t have enough in your savings to cover the overdraft.
- New checking accounts become eligible for coverage after 30 days, and you’ll be automatically enrolled at that time.
- Checks, ACH automatic bill payments, recurring debit card payments, and other transactions made using your checking account number will be paid automatically.
Overdraft Privilege does not automatically cover ATM or everyday debit card transactions. But you can request coverage for them at no extra cost (standard overdraft fees still apply):
- If you’re opening a new Dupaco checking account, you’ll be given the option to extend your Overdraft Privilege coverage at that time.
- If you already have a Dupaco checking account and want to extend your Overdraft Privilege coverage, please call or send us a message through Shine.
Have questions? Need assistance?
Please give us a call at 800-373-7600, ext. 0 or email us at email@example.com.