Have you ever tried to purchase something or make a payment, only to find that there wasn’t enough money in your checking account to cover the transaction? That’s called an overdraft. When finances are tight or you’ve made a mistake, the last thing you want is the inconvenience and embarrassment of having a transaction refused, not to mention the extra cost of expensive merchant fees.
Here’s how we help our members out with overdraft protection when their checking accounts fall a little short.
Be your own backup. Link your checking account to a Dupaco savings account or other designated account and set up an automatic savings transfer. That way, if your checking account is ever in danger of becoming overdrawn, the money will automatically transfer from your linked account to cover the shortfall.
- Six free automatic transfers per month
- Subsequent transfers are subject to a fee
If you don’t have enough money in savings for an automatic transfer, our Overdraft Privilege service can serve as your backup plan (hint: you’ll find the details below).
To set up an automatic savings transfer, please give us a call at 800-373-7600, ext. 0, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have your back, too. Our Overdraft Privilege service will pay overdrafts up to $700 on eligible checking accounts. That means we’ll honor your check or transaction, but you’ll be charged a non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee for any overdraft amount that’s $5 or more. If your account is set up for automatic savings transfer, Overdraft Privilege will only be used if you don’t have enough in your savings to cover the overdraft.
- New checking accounts become eligible for coverage after 30 days, and you’ll be automatically enrolled at that time.
- Checks, ACH automatic bill payments, recurring debit card payments, and other transactions made using your checking account number will be paid automatically.
Overdraft Privilege does not automatically cover ATM or everyday debit card transactions. But you can request coverage for them at no extra cost (standard overdraft fees still apply):
- If you’re opening a new Dupaco checking account, you’ll be given the option to extend your Overdraft Privilege coverage at that time.
- If you already have a Dupaco checking account and you want to extend your Overdraft Privilege coverage, please give us a call or send us a message through Shine.
Have questions? Need assistance?
Please give us a call at 800-373-7600, ext. 0 or email us at email@example.com.