Direct Deposit can make your life easier by removing the hassle of individually depositing recurring payments. Instead, recurring payments will be electronically transferred to your account automatically.
Benefits of Direct Deposit
- Convenience: Once it’s set up, you don’t have to do anything. Deposits become automatic.
- Reliability: You can have peace of mind knowing your money will always be in your account on time.
- Security: No more worrying about lost, stolen or misplaced checks.
- Flexibility: Payment can be automatically distributed into multiple accounts, such as your checking or savings account, children’s savings accounts, a Holiday Club account, or a loan account.
Types of Payments Eligible for Direct Deposit
Direct Deposit can be used for any ongoing, regularly-scheduled payment, including:
- Salary payments from your employer
- Benefit checks from the federal government, such as Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, Civil Service, Railroad Retirement and Veteran’s payments
- Benefits issued by state governments, such as retirement and unemployment payments
- Pension payments
- Income from your investments, such as certificates of deposit, annuities and mutual funds
Some organizations also use Direct Deposit to deliver occasional payments, such as tax refunds, business travel advances and tuition reimbursements.
How It Works
Once you have Direct Deposit set up, the payer’s bank or credit union will electronically deposit your payment into your account. The payer will typically give you a payment stub or notice of deposit. Money deposited to your account will be available to you on the morning of the payment date.
You can use Dupaco Shine Online and Mobile banking or Presto telephone teller to check the status of your deposits 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Deposits will also be shown on your monthly statement.
If there is a discrepancy between your account statement and the deposit notice you received from the payer:
- You have up to 60 days from your account statement date to notify your credit union in person, by telephone, or in writing of an unauthorized deposit or incorrect deposit amount.
- If you notify your credit union in person or by telephone, you may also be required to provide a written confirmation within 10 business days.
- If the credit union needs more than 10 business days to investigate and resolve your situation, it can conditionally credit the amount in question to your account during the investigation.
Ask your payer if they offer Direct Deposit. If they do, simply tell them you want to sign up for the service and they will provide you with the forms and instructions to get started.
The credit union can help you complete any authorization forms. You will need Dupaco’s routing number, which is 273974581.
For assistance or more information, contact a member service representative at 800-373-7600, ext. 206, or firstname.lastname@example.org.