DUBUQUE, Iowa—The Dupaco R.W. Hoefer Foundation College Scholarship Program awarded a total of 30 non-renewable, $2,000 college scholarships for students planning to attend an accredited community college, trade school, technical college or university for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The scholarships are funded by (member contributions to) the Dupaco R.W. Hoefer Foundation. Dupaco awards:
- 10$2,000 scholarships to students who will be attending an accredited four-year college or university;
- 10 $2,000 scholarships to students who will be attending an accredited community college, trade school or technical college for a degree or certificate; and
- 10 $2,000 scholarships to students already attending an accredited four-year college or university or community college/trade school and will be returning for the upcoming 2022-2023 academic year.
Scholarship applications were judged on scholastic standing, extracurricular activities, financial need and a creative piece.
Congratulations to the following 2022 scholarship recipients:
- Amra Alibasic, Waterloo, Iowa
- Drake Blakesley, Reinbeck, Iowa
- Bryce Bowman, Carroll, Iowa
- Harley Bradtke, Cascade, Iowa
- Jaci Bries, Manchester, Iowa
- Ashley Costello, Dubuque, Iowa
- Tate Deahl, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Devin Digman, Platteville, Wis.
- Reece Gallagher, Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Anna Gehl, Dubuque, Iowa
- Ashton Goldsmith, Earlville, Iowa
- Avery Heaton, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Sophia Heisler, Galena, Ill.
- Emma Hilkin, Dubuque, Iowa
- Nicole Johnson, Galena, Ill.
- Carson Jones, Dubuque, Iowa
- Ellen Kirby, Dubuque, Iowa
- Alex Link, Dubuque, Iowa
- Jessica Lueken, Worthington, Iowa
- Morgan Mescher, Farley, Iowa
- Ashley Owens, Dekalb, Ill.
- Miles Reynolds, Cassville, Wis.
- Lillian Schmidt, Dubuque, Iowa
- Leanna Scott, Galena, Ill.
- Natalie Scully, Clive, Iowa
- Sabrina Splinter, Hazel Green, Wis.
- Alissa Stanley, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Macy Stevenson, Bettendorf, Iowa
- Riley Uthe, Dubuque, Iowa
- Gracie Weeks, Iowa City, Iowa
Dupaco recognizes that education is the path to a sustainable financial future. By providing needed financial aid to college-bound students, the scholarship program helps them realize their potential, according to Dupaco R.W. Hoefer Foundation board member Bob Hoefer.
“Dupaco sees higher education as an investment in the future,” Hoefer said. “By making available this scholarship money, we hope to help make the dream of attending college a reality for these students.”
More information can be found at dupaco.com/scholarships.
ABOUT DUPACO COMMUNITY CREDIT UNION:
Dupaco Community Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned financial cooperative headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa. It is dedicated to the financial well-being of its members, and specializes in personalized financial counseling, money advice and education. It offers savings, loans, investments, insurance and wealth management products for individuals and businesses. Dupaco serves residents in 112 counties throughout Iowa, northwest Illinois and southwest Wisconsin. Founded in 1948 by ten Dubuque Packing Company employees, membership has grown to more than 144,000 with assets exceeding $2.7 billion. It has more than 600 employees and 20 branch office locations. Dupaco is a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). It is a Forbes Best-in-State Credit Union and a Des Moines Register Top Workplace. Learn more at www.dupaco.com/newsroom.
ABOUT DUPACO R.W. HOEFER FOUNDATION:
The Dupaco R.W. Hoefer Foundation was established in 2011 to honor the retirement of 47-year employee and long-time Dupaco Community Credit Union President and CEO Robert W. “Bob” Hoefer. The Dupaco R.W. Hoefer Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, reflects the spirit of Dupaco’s mission of improving peoples’ financial positions and enhancing the quality of life. The foundation is designed to carry on the Bob Hoefer tradition of providing personal financial assistance and coaching to help hardworking and financially prudent people recover from unforeseen life events and to increase their opportunities for financial stability through education. Learn more at www.dupaco.com/foundation.
# # #