Uncover hidden leaks by taking a closer look at where exactly your dollars are going. Here are some painless ways to spend less so you can save more.
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa—Dupaco Community Credit Union is bringing its member-focused learning lab to the northeast side of Cedar Rapids.
Dupaco plans to begin construction on the two-story, 9,645-square-foot branch this month. The building is part of a new development near the intersection of Highway 100 and Edgewood Road and will be in the Edgewood Town Centre.
The retail space is expected to open in summer 2021.
About the learning lab
The financial cooperative’s full-service learning lab branches focus on teaching members how to control their money through hands-on demonstrations and in-depth conversations about financial goals.
Like the Marion Learning Lab, Dupaco’s newest learning lab will also feature live video tellers. Dupaco tellers will conduct real-time, face-to-face video transactions in the Edgewood lobby and drive-up tellers from a central location in Dubuque.
The technology supports the credit union’s mission to improve each member’s financial position, said Aaron Plein, vice president, branch services.
“Video tellers will give members more access to Dupaco branch employees to have deeper conversations about money, products and services,” he said. “We also expect the video tellers to increase future opportunities for member convenience—to serve more members in more places with expanded hours of service.”
Dupaco’s newest learning lab will also feature:
- iPad training counters to help members learn how to use Dupaco’s increasing number of convenient mobile services.
- Interactive laboratory tables for small group discussions and offices.
- Built-in electronic wall displays to aid in consultations about money.
- Signage and lighting that use LED illumination to conserve energy and reduce electricity costs by more than 35% annually.
Other Linn County locations
The Edgewood location will be the credit union’s 19th branch. Dupaco currently serves members in Linn County from three branches:
- 3131 Williams Blvd. SW in Cedar Rapids
- First Avenue at 35 Street Dr. SE in Cedar Rapids
- 5970 Carlson Way in Marion