DUBUQUE, Iowa—The Dupaco R.W. Hoefer Foundation College Scholarship Program awarded a total of 30 non-renewable, $2,000 college scholarships to students planning to attend an accredited community college, trade school, technical college or university for the 2023-2024 academic year.
The scholarships are funded by (member contributions to) the Dupaco R.W. Hoefer Foundation. Dupaco awards:
- 10 $2,000 scholarships to students who will be attending an accredited four-year college or university;
- 10 $2,000 scholarships to students who will be attending an accredited community college, trade school or technical college for a degree or certificate; and,
- 10 $2,000 scholarships to students already attending an accredited four-year college or university or community college/trade school and will be returning for the upcoming 2023-2024 academic year.
Scholarship applications were judged on scholastic standing, extracurricular activities, financial need and a creative piece.
Congratulations to the following 2023 scholarship recipients:
Current College Student Scholarship Program
- Haylee Albert, Cuba City, Wis.
- Reece Gallagher, Cedar Falls
- Olivia Hefel, Holy Cross
- Emma Hilkin, Dubuque
- Heather Kennebeck, Carroll
- Morgan Mescher, Farley
- Rahel Nshimirimana, Cedar Rapids
- Kennedy Rohe, Audubon
- Macy Stevenson, Bettendorf
- Jarumi Vazquez, Darlington, Wis.
Four-Year College/University Scholarship Program
- Olivia Clothier, Epworth
- ElleAnna DeSollar, Peosta
- Grace Helle, Dyersville
- Ella Jackering, Lancaster, Wis.
- Trevor Klein, Bellevue
- Grant Nelson, Asbury
- Brooke O’Brien, Asbury
- Trista Schmidt, Dyersville
- Mitchel Travis, Scales Mound, Ill.
- Brooke Wuebker, Dubuque
Community College/Trade School Scholarship Program
- Grace Brown, Williams Bay, Wis.
- Kaden Callahan, Bernard
- Caden Erickson, Elgin
- Dillon Freiburger, East Dubuque, Ill.
- Ethan Kussmaul, Boscobel, Wis.
- Logan Lindsay, East Dubuque, Ill.
- Anthony Martin, Hazel Green, Wis.
- Peter Minard, Waterloo
- Autumn Whitfield, Cedar Rapids
- Carter Wieland, Templeton
Dupaco recognizes that education is the path to a sustainable financial future. By providing needed financial aid to college-bound students, the scholarship program helps them realize their potential, according to Dupaco R.W. Hoefer Foundation board member Bob Hoefer.
“Dupaco sees higher education as an investment in the future,” Hoefer said. “By making available this scholarship money, we hope to help make the dream of attending college a reality for these students.”
More information can be found at dupaco.com/scholarships.
ABOUT DUPACO COMMUNITY CREDIT UNION:
Dupaco Community Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned financial cooperative headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa. It is dedicated to the financial well-being of its members, and specializes in personalized financial counseling, money advice and education. It offers savings, loans, investments, insurance and wealth management products for individuals and businesses. Dupaco serves residents in 118 counties throughout Iowa, northwest Illinois and southwest Wisconsin. Founded in 1948 by 10 Dubuque Packing Company employees, membership has grown to more than 156,000 with assets exceeding $3.1 billion. It has more than 650 employees and 22 branch office locations. Dupaco is a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). It is a Forbes Best-in-State Credit Union and a Des Moines Register Top Workplace. Learn more at www.dupaco.com/newsroom.
ABOUT DUPACO R.W. HOEFER FOUNDATION:
The Dupaco R.W. Hoefer Foundation was established in 2011 to honor the retirement of 47-year employee and long-time Dupaco Community Credit Union President and CEO Robert W. “Bob” Hoefer. The Dupaco R.W. Hoefer Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, reflects the spirit of Dupaco’s mission of improving peoples’ financial positions and enhancing the quality of life. The foundation is designed to carry on the Bob Hoefer tradition of providing personal financial assistance and coaching to help hardworking and financially prudent people recover from unforeseen life events and to increase their opportunities for financial stability through education. Learn more at www.dupaco.com/foundation.