Judging will be accomplished by a panel of impartial judges selected by the Dupaco Community Credit Union Marketing Committee. Dupaco Community Credit Union will calculate the results, announce and contact the winners. All decisions are final. Winners and their high school counselors (if current high school student) will be notified by email on or before April 5, 2023.
- Judges will take into consideration educational merit, employment, extracurricular activities, community involvement, financial need, and written essay or video.
- Written essay will be judged primarily on meaningful content and knowledge on the topic. Originality, clarity and grammar will also be considered.
- Video entries must be 150- to 180-seconds in length and will be judged primarily on creativity, knowledge on the topic and how well the content aligns with the topic.
The video submission must meet the following criteria:
- Video entries must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging and libelous
or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, slanderous, and
discriminatory in any way. Dupaco Community Credit Union reserves the right to discard or
disqualify any entry it deems to be inappropriate, offensive or is not in keeping with Dupaco’s
- When filming video, entrants are to obtain written permission of third parties if filming on property
other than that of the entrant’s. If music is incorporated into the entrant’s video, the entrant is
2023 Dupaco College Scholarship Program.
responsible for submitting a complete list of production credits. Music must be original or written
permission by the music’s composer/author must be provided.
- It must not contain content, material, or any element that displays any third-party advertising,
slogan, logo, trademark, or otherwise indicates a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party.
- It must be an original, unpublished work that does not contain, incorporate, or otherwise use any
content, music, material, or element that is owned by a third-party or entity. Failing to provide
proper documentation of permission to use such materials will result in the entry being disqualified.
- Videos from digital cameras, camcorders, and phones are all acceptable. Entrants must submit the
video by providing a YouTube link (privacy settings must be public so we can view it) in the
appropriate field of the online application.
Any statistics, quotes or information coming from an outside source must be cited. Failure to cite sources is considered plagiarism and will result in disqualification. Entrants may reference content across www.dupaco.com without the need for citation in order to illustrate points that are critical to the essay or video topic.
All scholarship entries become the exclusive property of Dupaco Community Credit Union and by signing the electronic application, the entrant is giving Dupaco Community Credit Union permission to publish their written essay or video on Dupaco’s website, affiliate websites, and social media.