PLEASE NOTE: Dupaco member information is and always has been secure. There HAS NOT been a breach of Dupaco’s systems.
Dupaco was recently provided a list of credit and debit cards compromised in the Kmart breach. A large number of Kmart customers making credit or debit card purchases in their U.S. retail stores between September 1, 2014 and October 9, 2014, were affected. Kmart’s complete statement is here: http://www.kmart.com/en_us/dap/statement1010140.html
As a result of fraudulent transactions being conducted on compromised cards, Dupaco will be reissuing members' cards which were impacted by the data breach. This includes debit MasterCard (MoneyCard) and VISA credit card.
Important Member Information:
- Cards will be reissued at no cost to the members impacted by this Kmart breach.
- Dupaco will mail a letter to all impacted card holders announcing a new card will be shipped.
- New cards are scheduled to mail on January 22, 2015. Members receiving new cards should immediately destroy their old cards.
- The compromised cards will cease working on February 11, 2015.
- The card numbers will stay the same but the expiration date and the CVV code will be changed.
- The personal identification number (PIN) from your old card will transfer to your new card.
- Should a member have recurring debit and credit payments tied to an affected card, the member may need to provide the payee updated expiration data associated with the new card.
Member Responsibility for Fraudulent Activity
Members will not be financially responsible for any fraudulent activity, as long as the members monitor their accounts and report potentially fraudulent activity to Dupaco as soon as possible.
Dupaco encourages all members (especially those impacted by a card compromise) to:
- Carefully monitor account activity with online banking and monthly statements.
- Set up alerts advising when funds are pulled from your account.
- If you notice a strange transaction on your account to alert Dupaco immediately.
- US citizens can obtain an annual copy of their credit report for FREE by accessing www.annualcreditreport.com
And most importantly if you have questions, please contact Dupaco at 800-373-7600.