Taking your family out to eat can be fun - and costly.
If you plan ahead, though, you can score some deals. Plenty of local restaurants feature kids' nights, making your youngster's meal free, or discounted, with the purchase of one for yourself. Call ahead to your favorite restaurants and find out whether there's a certain day of the week to plan your next family night out.
Here's a look at some Dubuque and Cedar Rapids eating establishments that offer discount days for the kiddos:
- IHOP: Kids eat free on Thursdays. And, during August, kids eat free every day from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Los Aztecas: Kids' meals are free on Sundays.
- The Ground Round: Kids eat free on Tuesdays with the purchase of an adult entree.
Cedar Rapids restaurants:
- Applebee's: Kids dine for 99 cents on Wednesdays with the purchase of an adult entree.
- Carlos O'Kelly's: Kids' meals are 99 cents and $1.99, depending on the menu item, on Tuesdays with the purchase of an adult entree.
- IHOP: Youngsters eat free on Mondays with the purchase of an adult entree and a kid's drink. During August, kids eat free every day from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. One adult entree must be purchased for each free kid's meal.
- Perkins: Kids eat free on Tuesdays from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. with the purchase of an adult entree.