Grants are available for a multitude of purposes and will be primarily needs-based as determined by the Foundation Board of Directors. To request financial assistance, simply download and complete your R.W. Hoefer Foundation Grant application. Annual grant application deadlines and award dates are as follows:
- May 1: Deadline for submission of grant applications for June awards
- June 15: Notification for June award cycle
- November 1: Deadline for submission of grant applications for December awards
- December 15: Notification for December award cycle
Grant requests can be made at any time. Depending on timing, urgency and the volume of applications, grant awards could be made more frequently if deemed necessary by the Foundation Board of Directors.
If you’re a first-time homebuyer, you may be eligible to receive a $1000 R.W. Hoefer Foundation grant in the form of down payment or closing cost assistance. To qualify, you must meet grant program requirements, including:
- Financing your mortgage through Dupaco
- Meeting household income eligibilty limits
- Completing an online homeownership course
These grants are offered on a limited basis. A Dupaco mortgage lender can help you apply for one during your mortgage loan application process.
Have questions? Need assistance?
Contact our Real Estate team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-373-7600, ext. 204.
Dupaco’s MoneyMatch is a matched savings account designed to encourage lower-income individuals and families to save for wealth-building assets — such as a home, vehicle or eduction — and build toward financial stability. The savings of a participant are matched dollar-for-dollar up to $2,000 from the Dupaco R. W. Hoefer Foundation.
The Dupaco R.W. Hoefer Foundation College Scholarship Program was created to provide financial assistance to college-bound students. Each year we award a limited number of non-renewable scholarships to help offset the costs of tuition.
This year, the Dupaco R.W. Hoefer Foundation College Scholarship Program awarded sixteen $2,000 non-renewable college scholarships in 2019.
Ten $2,000 scholarships were awarded to first-time, full-time incoming freshman who will be attending an accredited four-year college or university. Five $2,000 scholarships were awarded to first-time, incoming students who will be attending an accredited community college, trade school or technical college for a degree, diploma or certificate. And thanks to Credit Union Student Choice, Dupaco’s education finance partner, a 16th scholarship was made available.
Scholarship applications were judged on scholastic standing, extracurricular activities, financial need, and a creative piece. There were two options on the creative piece; applicants may only choose one:
Written essay: Entrants must submit an original, typed, 500-word essay addressing this year’s topic.
Creative video: Entrants must submit a 150- to 180- second in length, original video illustrating this year’s topic.
2019 scholarship topic: How has technology impacted the way you learn about money and finances? Outside of Dupaco, what digital service, company or product has had an impact on you as a student as well as a consumer? Please include what impresses you about the service and why.
The winners of the 2019 Dupaco R.W. Hoefer Foundation College Scholarship Program are:
- Karysa Carson, Maquoketa High School
- Grace Christensen, Audubon High School
- Carolyn Conlon, Wahlert Catholic High School
- Benjamin Desollar, Western Dubuque High School
- Chelsea Davis, Hempstead High School
- Jaylen Duster, East Dubuque High School
- Bella Hanniford, Southeast Polk High School
- Bryn Hartman, Northeast High School
- Alex Hefel, Western Dubuque High School
- Darby Herridge, Kennedy High School
- Robin Leibold, Wahlert Catholic High School
- William Polanksy, Benton Community High School
- Marissa Recker, Monticello High School
- Clinton Sabers, Wahlert Catholic High School
- Carley Steffen, Western Dubuque High School
- Amber White, Potosi High School
Wondering about The Foundation’s impact? Take a look.
You can strengthen the R.W. Hoefer Foundation’s positive impact by donating. Donations — big and small — are tax-deductible* and accepted anytime. Every dollar or gift you donate will be used to help us provide financial coaching, education and opportunities to those in need. Please mail your donation(s) to:
Dupaco R.W. Hoefer Foundation
P.O. Box 179
Dubuque, IA 52004-0179
* The Dupaco R.W. Hoefer Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, tax identification number 45-4145438. Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Have questions? Need assistance?
For questions about R.W. Hoefer Foundation grant, scholarship and donation opportunities, please contact us via email at: email@example.com.