Remove the hassle from depositing your check. Deposit it direct!
Arrange to have recurring deposits (such as your paycheck or Social Security) credited to your account electronically with Direct Deposit. After your Direct Deposit is credited to your designated account, you can set it up to automatically be distributed into multiple accounts, such as your savings account, children’s savings accounts, a Holiday Club account, or a loan account.
Why should I use Direct Deposit?
Direct Deposit offers you many advantages over checks, including:
- Convenience: No more special trips to the credit union to cash your check. Deposit it electronically!
- Reliability: No more waiting for your check to arrive in the mail. You can have peace of mind knowing your money will always be in your account on time.
- Security: Deposits made with direct deposit are secure. No more worrying about lost, stolen, or misplaced checks.
- Flexibility: At Dupaco, your Direct Deposit payment can be automatically distributed into multiple accounts, such as your checking or savings account, children’s savings accounts, a Holiday Club account, or a loan account.
What types of payments can be made by Direct Deposit?
Direct Deposit can be used for any ongoing, regularly-scheduled payment, including:
- Salary payments from your employer
- Benefit checks from the federal government, such as Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, Civil Service, Railroad Retirement, and Veteran’s payments
- Benefits issued by state governments, such as retirement and unemployment payments
- Pension payments
- Income from your investments, such as certificates of deposit, annuities, and mutual funds
- Some organizations are also using Direct Deposit to deliver occasional payments, such as tax refunds, business travel advances, and tuition reimbursements.
How do I begin using Direct Deposit?
Ask your payer if they offer Direct Deposit. If they do, simply tell them you want to sign up for the service and they will provide you with the forms and instructions to get started. The credit union can help you complete any authorization forms. You will need Dupaco's Routing Number, which is 273974581.
How is the money deposited into my account?
The payer’s bank or credit union will electronically deposit your payment into your credit union account.
How can I be sure the deposit was made?
Normally, the payer will give you a payment stub or notice that lets you know the amount of the payment deposited to your account. You can also use Dupaco’s Online Branch or Presto telephone teller to check the status of your deposits 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The deposit will also be shown on your monthly statement. TIP: Keep the stub from the payer for your records.
When can I access the money deposited into my account?
Your money will be available for you the morning of the payment date.
What if there is a discrepancy between my credit union account statement and the deposit notice I received from the payer?
Notify your credit union and payer immediately. You have up to 60 days from your account statement date to notify your credit union in person, by telephone, or in writing of an unauthorized deposit or incorrect deposit amount. (If you notify your credit union in person or by telephone, you may also be required to provide a written confirmation within 10 business days.) If the credit union needs more than 10 business days to investigate and resolve your situation, it can conditionally credit the amount in question to your account during the investigation.
Do I need a credit union account to use Direct Deposit?
Yes. A credit union account is necessary for you to receive deposit payments.
Can I stop using Direct Deposit if I change my mind?
Yes. If you decide you no longer want to use Direct Deposit, just contact your payer. They will tell you how to cancel the service.
For assistance or more information, contact a member service representative at (563) 557-7600 / 800-373-7600, ext. 206, or email@example.com.