Your auto loan term is the number of months it’ll take you to pay off your vehicle. The term you choose can have a big impact on the amount of interest you will pay over the course of the loan — the longer the term, the more interest you’ll pay. Here are some tips for estimating and comparing terms:
- Base your calculation on the amount you expect to finance.
- Include applicable manufacturer rebates and/or dealer incentives available near you.
- Enter the interest rate for which you think you’ll qualify.
- Estimate sales tax based on the guidelines of the state(s) where you plan to buy and register your vehicle.
- If you’re trading-in your current vehicle, get an idea of its value.
Estimate and compare your monthly payment for common auto loan terms:
Disclaimer: Title, and other taxes and fees are not included in this calculation. Monthly payment estimates are for educational purposes only and do not represent a financing offer from Dupaco Community Credit Union or any vehicle seller.